Browse the community calendar below for a listing of coalition member events. Use the ‘Categories’ drop down menu to select an area of interest and the ‘Agenda’ drop down menu to select how you wish to view the calendar. You may also post an event or provide a feed from your organization’s calendar by selecting from the green menus below at right (your submission will be reviewed for suitability).
The Sanford Strong Coalition has merged with the Allied Public Health group.
- Parks and Recreation Youth Basketball; Tues. nights; Sanford Jr. High School Gym; 7 to 9:00 PM. Basketball Open Gym for Jr High School and SHS students throughout the fall and winter. $1/night. Pay at the gym. No school that day – No Gym that night. Contact: Lori or phone: 324-9130.
- Nasson Bike Center is looking for volunteers! The Nasson Bike Center is a resource for local youth looking for a bike, fix a bike, needing some community service time, or wanting to learn some mechanical and problem solving skills. We are looking for volunteers to mentor our kids as they rebuild bikes making them safe and reliable. We are open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 2 to 5:00 year round. There is no requirement that the volunteer participate a certain number of hours. It is helpful that they participate on a regular schedule. Read more.
- York County Community Action Corporation Early Headstart and Headstart. We currently have openings in our pre-school classrooms! In the following towns: Biddeford, Berwick, Buxton, Kittery, OOB , Saco, Sanford and Waterboro. FMI.
- Wellness at Walmart: Daily @ 6:00 am – 8:00 am; Partners for Healthier Communities, Let’s Go!, Sanford YMCA, and Walmart have partnered to offer a space for the public to walk 7 days a week from 6:00 to 8:00 AM. All are welcome to join! Contact: Betsy Kelly.
- Families READ is an adult education program that strives to enable each adult to reach their academic, career, and parenting goals, while simultaneously offering a quality early childhood literacy program that assists parents in preparing their child for school. Contact: Jeanne MacDonald.
March – April 2018
The Drug Free Communities (DFC) initiative is a community-wide effort of youth, parents, business leaders, schools, police officers, faith communities, health care providers, and others to decrease alcohol, marijuana and prescription drug use among Greater Sanford’s youth and adults.
Contact: Nichole Ivey.
The Sanford Strong Coalition has officially merged
with the Allied Public Health group!
We will continue to meet monthly at Southern Maine Health Care, Sanford Campus in the conference room on the first floor, the last Monday of the month from 12-2.
You are welcome to bring your lunch or to purchase lunch in the hospital cafeteria!
There are no meetings in May, July, or August.
We look forward to seeing you there!
This is an “Open House” to showcase all the new materials that this grant has allowed us to purchase for the children’s room at the library. This grant has allowed us to buy more materials that help with early literacy as well as in continued literacy with older children. There is something for all interests and abilities.
We invite children up through 6th grade and their families and anyone who works with children to come see all the great new materials we have for children. Suggested reading lists of the new materials will be available.
Light refreshments will be served. The first 50 children who come will receive a free new book. Stop by to see all the new titles and maybe check out a few to take home.