Strategies for a Stronger Sanford (SFSS) and the Sanford Strong Coalition (SSC) oversee local initiatives which support the needs of Sanford children, youth and families.
- Drug Free Communities: an initiative to promote substance abuse prevention and provide positive alternatives for youth.
- Stuff the Bus: a school readiness program that provides school supplies to prepare students for academic success.
- Sanford Backpack Program: a program to provide backpacks of nutritionally dense food to food insecure Sanford school children.
- Sanford Police Cadets: a program to motivate personal growth in young people allowing them to become better citizens.
- Active Community Environment Team: a local group that envisions a community where residents and visitors can walk or bike across town safely and comfortably.