Strategies for a Stronger Sanford (SFSS) and the Sanford Strong Coalition (SSC) oversee local initiatives which support the needs of Sanford children, youth and families.
- Stuff the Bus: a school readiness program that provides school supplies to prepare students for academic success.
- Sanford Backpack Program: a program to provide backpacks of nutritionally dense food to food insecure Sanford school children.
- Sanford Police Cadets: a program to motivate personal growth in young people allowing them to become better citizens.
- Eastside Youth: this program is in progress. Eastside Youth is a center located in Sanford, Maine that is available to youth who are in grades 7-12. We offer an emotionally and physically safe place for teens to hang, as well as offer many services to assist any needs they may come across!
- Active Community Environment Team: a local group that envisions a community where residents and visitors can walk or bike across town safely and comfortably.