Browse the community calendar below for a listing of coalition member events. Use the ‘Categories’ drop down menu to select an area of interest and the ‘Agenda’ drop down menu to select how you wish to view the calendar. You may also post an event or provide a feed from your organization’s calendar by selecting from the green menus below at right (your submission will be reviewed for suitability).
- Parks and Recreation Youth Basketball; Tues. nights; Sanford Jr. High School Gym; 7 to 9:00 PM. Basketball Open Gym for Jr High School and SHS students throughout the fall and winter. $1/night. Pay at the gym. No school that day – No Gym that night. Contact: Lori or phone: 324-9130.
- Nasson Bike Center is looking for volunteers! The Nasson Bike Center is a resource for local youth looking for a bike, fix a bike, needing some community service time, or wanting to learn some mechanical and problem solving skills. We are looking for volunteers to mentor our kids as they rebuild bikes making them safe and reliable. We are open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 2 to 5:00 year round. There is no requirement that the volunteer participate a certain number of hours. It is helpful that they participate on a regular schedule. Read more.
- York County Community Action Corporation Early Headstart and Headstart. We currently have openings in our pre-school classrooms! In the following towns: Biddeford, Berwick, Buxton, Kittery, OOB , Saco, Sanford and Waterboro. FMI.
- Wellness at Walmart: Daily @ 6:00 am – 8:00 am; Partners for Healthier Communities, Let’s Go!, Sanford YMCA, and Walmart have partnered to offer a space for the public to walk 7 days a week from 6:00 to 8:00 AM. All are welcome to join! Contact: Betsy Kelly.
- Families READ is an adult education program that strives to enable each adult to reach their academic, career, and parenting goals, while simultaneously offering a quality early childhood literacy program that assists parents in preparing their child for school. Contact: Jeanne MacDonald.
Professional Training with the Center for Grieving Children 12:00 pm
Professional Training with the C… @ Center for Grieving Children
Nov 2 @ 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
3rd Annual YCCAC Ceilidh and Silent Auction 6:00 pm
3rd Annual YCCAC Ceilidh and Sil… @ Nonantum Resort
Nov 3 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Welcome, Friends! What’s the next best thing to being in Scotland? Bringing a bit of Scotland to you!So that’s what we’re doing—and for a [...]
Drug Free Communities Meeting 9:00 am
Drug Free Communities Meeting @ WSSR-TV Room/SRTC
Nov 15 @ 9:00 am – 10:30 am
The Drug Free Communities (DFC) initiative is a community-wide effort of youth, parents, business leaders, schools, police officers, faith communities, health care providers, and others [...]
Sanford Strong Coaliton has merged with Allied Public Health Group 12:00 pm
Sanford Strong Coaliton has merg… @ SMHC Sanford Campus, 1st floor conference room
Nov 27 @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
The Sanford Strong Coalition has officially merged with the Allied Public Health group! We will continue to meet monthly at Southern Maine Health Care, Sanford [...]