Browse the community calendar below for a listing of coalition member events. Use the ‘Categories’ drop down menu to select an area of interest and the ‘Agenda’ drop down menu to select how you wish to view the calendar. You may also post an event or provide a feed from your organization’s calendar by selecting from the green menus below at right (your submission will be reviewed for suitability).
- Parks and Recreation Youth Basketball; Tues. nights; Sanford Jr. High School Gym; 7 to 9:00 PM. Basketball Open Gym for Jr High School and SHS students throughout the fall and winter. $1/night. Pay at the gym. No school that day – No Gym that night. Contact: Lori or phone: 324-9130.
- Nasson Bike Center is looking for volunteers! The Nasson Bike Center is a resource for local youth looking for a bike, fix a bike, needing some community service time, or wanting to learn some mechanical and problem solving skills. We are looking for volunteers to mentor our kids as they rebuild bikes making them safe and reliable. We are open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 2 to 5:00 year round. There is no requirement that the volunteer participate a certain number of hours. It is helpful that they participate on a regular schedule. Read more.
- York County Community Action Corporation Early Headstart and Headstart. We currently have openings in our pre-school classrooms! In the following towns: Biddeford, Berwick, Buxton, Kittery, OOB , Saco, Sanford and Waterboro. FMI.
- Wellness at Walmart: Daily @ 6:00 am – 8:00 am; Partners for Healthier Communities, Let’s Go!, Sanford YMCA, and Walmart have partnered to offer a space for the public to walk 7 days a week from 6:00 to 8:00 AM. All are welcome to join! Contact: Betsy Kelly.
- Families READ is an adult education program that strives to enable each adult to reach their academic, career, and parenting goals, while simultaneously offering a quality early childhood literacy program that assists parents in preparing their child for school. Contact: Jeanne MacDonald.
April – May 2017
A child’s development is never on vacation. Healthy Kids Day is the YMCA’s official start to the best summer ever for you and your family! The Y invites kids and families to join them on Saturday, April 29th from 1:00 to 3:00 pm for an afternoon of family-friendly live music, active play and games, science activities with STEAM, tic tac toe with the Springvale Library, fun gardening/planting activities with Black Kettle Farm, healthy snacks with Hannaford, arts and crafts, and more family fun!
This event will be followed by public swim from 3:00 to 5:45 pm. FREE and open to the community!
This is an educational program presented by The Alzheimer’s Association in conjunction with Thriving in Place York County. It is for those affected by Alzheimer’s Disease, or for those who know someone who is.
The program will provide information on detection, causes and risk factors, stages of the disease, treatment and much more.
The class is free and open to the public.
“Step Out for Seniors”
at the annual walk to benefit the
Y Trafton Senior Center!
Our mission at the Center is to offer opportunities for our seniors to gather and engage in activities that keep them connected with peers, resources and the larger community, so that they are supported and able to maintain their independence.
We want this event on May 6th to be a day to celebrate our Trafton family. Walk will begin and end at the Y Trafton Senior Center on Elm Street, concluding with a luncheon celebration and bluegrass music provided by the Cedar Mountain Boys.