Browse the community calendar below for a listing of coalition member events. Use the ‘Categories’ drop down menu to select an area of interest and the ‘Agenda’ drop down menu to select how you wish to view the calendar. You may also post an event or provide a feed from your organization’s calendar by selecting from the green menus below at right (your submission will be reviewed for suitability).
- Student Intervention Reintegration Program (SIRP). SIRP is an education-based program for youth who might be experimenting with alcohol or other drugs. It’s designed for teens, age 13 to 18, who do not qualify for treatment. The class schedule will run from Sept. 2016 to June 2017. Classes are held at the Sanford Police Department, unless otherwise noted. Class runs on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday with exceptions during school vacations, school closings, etc. Register for classes online . Contact: Lynne Hatch.
- Nasson Bike Center is looking for volunteers! The Nasson Bike Center is a resource for local youth looking for a bike, fix a bike, needing some community service time, or wanting to learn some mechanical and problem solving skills. We are looking for volunteers to mentor our kids as they rebuild bikes making them safe and reliable. We are open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 2 to 5:00 year round. There is no requirement that the volunteer participate a certain number of hours. It is helpful that they participate on a regular schedule. Read more.
- York County Community Action Corporation Early Headstart and Headstart. We currently have openings in our pre-school classrooms! In the following towns: Biddeford, Kittery, North Berwick, OOB , Saco and Sanford. FMI.
- Wellness at Walmart: Daily @ 6:00 am – 8:00 am; Partners for Healthier Communities, Let’s Go!, Sanford YMCA, and Walmart have partnered to offer a space for the public to walk 7 days a week from 6:00 to 8:00 AM. All are welcome to join! Contact: Betsy Kelly.
- Families READ is an adult education program that strives to enable each adult to reach their academic, career, and parenting goals, while simultaneously offering a quality early childhood literacy program that assists parents in preparing their child for school. Contact: Jeanne MacDonald.
July 20, 2017
10:00 am Partners for Hunger-Free York County @ Anderson Learning; Nasson Heritage Rm.
Partners for Hunger-Free York Co… @ Anderson Learning; Nasson Heritage Rm.
Jul 20 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
If you have been looking for a way to get more involved in your community, help children and seniors, or help fight hunger and malnutrition [...]
1:00 pm Systems Integration Task Force @ Sanford Police Dept.
Systems Integration Task Force @ Sanford Police Dept.
Jul 20 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
SYSTEMS INTEGRATION TASK GROUP: The group brings together the leaders of agencies that work with Sanford youth, who are or may become involved in the [...]