Browse the community calendar below for a listing of coalition member events. Use the ‘Categories’ drop down menu to select an area of interest and the ‘Agenda’ drop down menu to select how you wish to view the calendar. You may also post an event or provide a feed from your organization’s calendar by selecting from the green menus below at right (your submission will be reviewed for suitability).
The Sanford Strong Coalition has merged with the Allied Public Health group.
- Parks and Recreation Youth Basketball; Tues. nights; Sanford Jr. High School Gym; 7 to 9:00 PM. Basketball Open Gym for Jr High School and SHS students throughout the fall and winter. $1/night. Pay at the gym. No school that day – No Gym that night. Contact: Lori or phone: 324-9130.
- Nasson Bike Center is looking for volunteers! The Nasson Bike Center is a resource for local youth looking for a bike, fix a bike, needing some community service time, or wanting to learn some mechanical and problem solving skills. We are looking for volunteers to mentor our kids as they rebuild bikes making them safe and reliable. We are open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons from 2 to 5:00 year round. There is no requirement that the volunteer participate a certain number of hours. It is helpful that they participate on a regular schedule. Read more.
- York County Community Action Corporation Early Headstart and Headstart. We currently have openings in our pre-school classrooms! In the following towns: Biddeford, Berwick, Buxton, Kittery, OOB , Saco, Sanford and Waterboro. FMI.
- Wellness at Walmart: Daily @ 6:00 am – 8:00 am; Partners for Healthier Communities, Let’s Go!, Sanford YMCA, and Walmart have partnered to offer a space for the public to walk 7 days a week from 6:00 to 8:00 AM. All are welcome to join! Contact: Betsy Kelly.
- Families READ is an adult education program that strives to enable each adult to reach their academic, career, and parenting goals, while simultaneously offering a quality early childhood literacy program that assists parents in preparing their child for school. Contact: Jeanne MacDonald.
June – July 2017
You are the key to opening these doors
Play, sponsor or give – everyone can take part in our 26th Annual Charity Golf Tournament. $100/player, $250 hole sponsor and $500+ key contributor. Proceeds from this year’s tournament will support the final stages of the YMCA’s expansion project. Build A Better Us!
Who we are
For 75 years, the Sanford-Springvale YMCA has been a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through our focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. More than 10,000 individuals made the Y an important part of improving their lives, through academic achievement, advocacy, child care, exercise, social programs and teen development.
But there is so much more we could be doing. Our community continues to grow, as do the needs of children, families and individuals – and we need to grow with them.
Thanks to many years of community support and generous gifts, we are excited to announce a grand opening of our expansion space in September 2017!
But we need your help to cross the finish line. Your support makes our new, expanded Y the very best it can be.
Join us Friday, June 23rd as we play to “Build A Better Us”.
|Sanford-Springvale YMCA | 324-4942 | sanfordymca.org|